top of page

accessible parking permit

GOVERNMENT  >  TOWN of palmyra  >  TOWN CLERK  >  accessible parking permit

The NY State Vehicle and Traffic Law defines the permanent disabilities that qualify.  If you have a permanent disability that qualifies, you can get vehicle plates for reserved parking from the DMV or a parking permit from your local government. It is illegal to park in a parking space reserved for persons with disabilities if you do not have the correct vehicle plates or parking permit. You can use the vehicle plates or parking permit in New York State and in most other states.

You and your healthcare provider can complete the Application for a Parking Permit or License Plates, for Persons with Severe Disabilities (PDF) (MV-664.1). You also can have your healthcare provider (MD, DO, DPM, or NP) complete a statement on their letterhead. The statement must describe the disabling condition and verify that the disability qualifies according to the law. Bring the form or statement to the issuing agency in your locality (normally the office of your town clerk. There is no fee for a permit. Remember that the DMV does not issue the parking permits - they only issue license plates,

  • Fill out Part 1 of form & sign with your full name; Part 2 must be completed by your doctor’s office

  • Provide form to Town Clerk’s Office, 1180 Canandaigua Road, Palmyra NY 14522

  • Include a copy of your driver’s license or non-driver’s ID

  • Temporary permits are good for up to six months; permanent permits must be updated every five (5) years

  • For further information, please call the Town’s Clerk Office at (315) 597-5521

accessible permit.jpg
bottom of page